Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What Is Love?


Piglet: "Winnie, how do you spell love?"
Winnie: "You don't spell love, Piglet.  You feel it."

I don't think there is a proper definition or use for love.  I mean, you can love someone or something, but can you define it?  In the dictionary it is defined as:
n a strong liking for someone or something; a passionate affection for another person; the object of such affection
 But that still doesn't help define what love is. Like Winnie the Pooh said, you feel it.

I have never been in a relationship before or been kissed, unless you count this...


I think it is ridiculous that guys hate homosexual males but love it when they see two lesbians making out or getting it on.  I think everyone has the right to love whoever they want, no matter who they are: straight, bisexual, lesbian, gay or transgender.  

There have been many famous gay couples in both reality and in television series:

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi

Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka

 Emily Fitch (Kathryn Prescott) and Naomi Campbell (Lily Loveless) in Skins

Alex Kelly (Olivia Wilde) and Marissa Cooper (Mischa Barton) in The O.C.

Okay, that is my take on love.  
x

Edit 15/11/10: I removed my little paragraph which I had written about myself.  As much as I was glad to get it off my chest, it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable that a family member could come across my blog and read that paragraph and then tell my parents.  I have already had images/conversations on what could happen if it came down to us talking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...