Sunday, November 7, 2010

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind


I answered these questions in June 2010 and finally found it earlier today.

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
    I think I act my age, so probably seventeen or eighteen
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
    Never trying, because if you fail, you know what to fix but if you don't bother trying, you will never know what is right and what is wrong
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
    Because we need to try different things, to know what we enjoy and what we do not enjoy.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
    Ummm....
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
    Have no poverty in this world, so everyone is happy, healthy, has shelter, has food and water, and is well educated
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
    To become a primary school teacher, which I aspire to become because I will be happy if I am able to teach others so they can enjoy their futures.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
    I am doing what I believe in
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
    I would probably change me entire lifestyle, so I can have the best 40 years.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
    Not that much... My parents moved my brother and I to Queensland, from Canberra six years agoUntil I have graduated high school, then I will be able to control my life.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
    I am probably more worried about doing the right things because I am usually very cautious in what I say.  Like I don't swear and if I want to I usually find different words to replace it :P
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
    Probably would stand up for my friend and tell them that they are very rude, before walking off and sitting with someone else, probably the friend who just had been criticised.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
    Believe in yourself because if you do, you can do anything in life.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
    It depends on what I would be doing.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
    At this art gallery when I was in Switzerland, where insane people's artwork was being presented was a bit strange at first before I realised that most of the ideas created were very unique and creative.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
    I am unsure...  I like to have my writing crazily neat for school...?  Practically I am a neat freak, except for when it comes to my bedroom.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
    Because everyone is unique.  Reading books makes me extremely happy, where as some people would die if they had to read a book.
  17. What's one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?
    Probably come out of my shell because I am usually really quiet in most of my classes.  I think what is holding me back is that I am afraid of what people would think of me, if I started to become super talkative and was the opposite of how I present myself to others.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
    Stress and anger, is what I hold onto.  I don't get angry really easily, but if I get really, really pissed off and I want to scream my head off, then I 'let it go'.  Personally, I think it is bad if I let all of my anger out because I have had it kept inside of me for probably over five years...
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
    Probably back to my hometown, Canberra because it is where I feel most at home.  I have lived there for eleven years of my life.  I would love to move back down there and live in my old house, where I spent the majority of my life and working as a primary school teacher at the school I went to. 
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
    No, because I don't see the point in pushing it more than once.  The elevator is not going to go any faster than what it is instructed to go.
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
    A joyful simpleton, definitely.
  22. Why are you, you?
    It is what I have grown up to be. 
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
    Yes, because I know that I am kind and caring.  I respect peoples' opinions but will definitely speak my opinion when it is necessary.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
    I have been the 'good friend moves away' to my best friend, who lives in Canberra.  But I think losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you is worse.  It is currently happening to me.  My two closest friends from my primary school... I have seen one a few times to meet up, but the other, I have only seen at work...
  25. What are you most grateful for?
    Life, from my parents :)
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
    This is truly difficult.  It really depends on what my 'new memories' would be.  Because I have had an amazing past: going to Disneyland and the east coast of America, going to Europe and even going to the snow for the first time.  However, my future should be of graduating high school, my formal, going to university, marrying the one I love, having children and growing old...
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
    “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
    I believe my greatest fear is of sloths (from a dream) and of death/losing the ones I love.  So no, my greatest fears have not come true.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
    Five years ago... probably because I missed my best friend.  It would have been only a year since I moved up to Queensland.  I remember crying because she wasn't at my new school, so when the closest school holidays came, she came up to meet me in Queensland :)
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
    I have way too many childhood memories.  Probably whatever I did with my best friend and what I did at my primary school.  There are so many bizarre memories that I can remember, which make me laugh and smile.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
    In December 2009, when I was in Europe, on my own (with my relatives, not close family).  It felt really relaxing to not worry about what was occurring in Australia and just be able to live a different life.
  32. If not now, then when?
    N/A
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
    If I haven't achieved high school, then I lose my future in becoming a primary school teacher...
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
    Yes, I have those all the time with Cherish (peasinapoddarling)
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
    Because everyone has different opinions, which can lead to disastrous wars.
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
    No, everyone has their own opinions on what is good and what is evil.  An example would be that I believe that having a happy family is good and animal abusers are evil.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
    No, because if this was the future and I was a teacher, I would want to still work because it will hopefully make me happy.  Money does not buy happiness.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
    More work that I actually enjoy. 
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
    This particular day?  No, today I had my english exam and it feels very different to what my other english exam days felt like.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
    When I thought that I believed in my mum, who stopped smoking for the second time in her life, which was last night.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
    My close family and my closest of friends.  I love all of my relatives but I love my parents and brother more.  They have experienced things with me, that no other relative has before.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
    No, because you don't need to become 'extremely attractive' or 'famous', so then people can like you.  It doesn't matter what people see on the outside, it is what they see in the inside.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
    Being alive is when you are doing something which you never expected to do, like skydiving... Truly living, is when you are living the life which you were truly meant to have.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
    When you have the 'life or death' questions right in front of you.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
    Because many prefer to ignore their mistakes and only live with what is right.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
    I would be more outgoing.  I wouldn't be shy and avoid talking to those I have never spoken too.  I would like to go up to a stranger and be able to have a conversation with them without hesitation.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
    Today, because I had blocked my hears to concentrate on studying for my english exam.  My friends were talking about something irrelevant.
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
    I love my family and my friends.  I love reading books and laughing.  Everyday, I am laughing, and most days I am usually reading a book or talking about a particular book.
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that?
    Possibly when I spoke to people who went to my primary school in Canberra on Facebook, who I hadn't spoken to for nearly six years.  It made me smile, to know how people have changed in such a short amount of time.
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
    I would be making the decisions for myself.  If I need to speak aloud for what I believe in, I will.  I once had an hour conversation with my Dad on how I hate animal abuse.  I want to do so much for those poor, abused animals... I want those who abuse them to be sentenced to life in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...