Monday, November 15, 2010

European Trip, Part 5



December 16 2009
This day was quite quiet, as we had only gone to the art museum, D'Art De Catalunya (MNAC) and to Casa Mila.  
MNAC
MNAC


Casa Mila
View from Casa Mila
 December 17 2009
As this was my last day in Barcelona, I was buying souvenirs for my parents - two mosaic figurines of an elephant (for my mum) and a bull (for my dad).  On the train to the airport, we came across two guys from New Mexico who had accents from California/New York and were hot!  Our flight was delayed for 50 minutes to Paris, which was quite annoying.  We both decided to go to a restaurant and it was between Greek and Indian - we chose Indian.  I had a Tandoori Chicken with a Mango drink, which were delicious.  

December 18 2009
Woke up to snow, which was a first for me.  I had crepes for breakfast before having a chocolate croissant as  my Aunt and I were walking to the train station.  My Aunt booked a ticket for me, €42, for the Russian Ballet which was on that night at the Opéra Garnier.  I bought five books to read and a Paris bag.  After that, we went to The Lourve, my Aunt didn't go in because she had already been there heaps of times and I didn't have to pay entry because under 18s are free.  I got lost almost immediately, which was incredibly annoying, so I hadn't seen that many artworks, sadly.  After the Lourve, my Aunt went in line to purchase a ticket for the Russian Ballet, however, I had to leave when the 'alarm' went for people to go to their seats.
Waking up to snow, was wonderful
Opéra Garnier where I saw the Russian Ballet















First time seeing the Eiffel Tower
The Lourve

Venus de Milo

Opéra Garnier before Russian Ballet began

Beautiful ceiling of Opéra Garnier

December 19 2009
When I woke up, my Uncle had arrived - he was suppose to arrive last night but his plane was delayed for 5 hours because of the snow.   On this day we went to Notre Dame and Museé d'Orsay.  I was so excited in seeing Notre Dame, as I am a massive fan in Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame



Museé d'Orsay clock

In Museé d'Orsay

December 20 2009
Went to Versailles with my Uncle and it snowed, which was awesome.  It was really strange to see these incredibly small beds - they would pile up their pillows.  Later that night, my Aunt and I went to the Eiffel Tower and went on a boat cruise.
Outer gate
Inner gate, look at the snow!


The gardens - couldn't go out, snowing too much
Eiffel Tower


View of Eiffel Tower on boat tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...